My favorites from SXSW
March 17, 2005
SXSW was by all odds a spring of well water. Everybody there I met was friendly, fun, and loved talking about web design. This was one of my favorite aspects from SXSW. On the other side of SXSW here were some of my favorite panels I attended. (I will try to post links to the each presentation if they are provided.)
- How to Make Big Things Happen With Small Teams by Jason Fried
- The Elements of Meaningful XHTML by Tantek Çelik
Micro-formats, semantic code—this is what xhtml should look like.
- How to be Beautiful: More Hi-Fi Design With CSS
Great advice on making your design more flexible and dynamic with CSS.
Here are some of the more entertaining panels I enjoyed.
- The Flash vs. HTML Game Show
- Design Eye for the Idea Guy
Great job on the redesign from the layout, logo, type and final design.
If you missed out, you can try to catch up with some of the live blogging people did at the conference.
Suggested panels I would like to see next year.